WHAT IS BRAND POSITIONING?
Brand Positioning is when an employee has a business opportunity to showcase his or her skills, expertise and value to an organization or specific audience. The Personal Branding Center created the following three
Personal Branding Disciplines™
to ensure that your employees represent themselves and their organization effectively.
Depending on the situation will determine which discipline(s) an employee might utilize.
A Personal Branding Snippet™ is NOT an elevator pitch. The phrase “elevator pitch” originated from the old days of Hollywood. If a writer saw a production executive or producer on an elevator, then he or she only had about thirty seconds in the elevator to “pitch” an idea. A Personal Branding Snippet™ is not about selling an idea or product. It’s about promoting one’s abilities and talents within an organization.
It is about an opportunity to gain visibility while sharing “organic” information about one’s self so that a “seed of remembrance” is planted in the minds of others.
There are two types of Personal Branding Snippets™: Results Driven and Informational. Depending on the situation-at-hand, determines which snippet is used. Keep in mind, that snippets change according to the audience; however, to be effective one must prepare in advance!
FXA Personal Branding Snippet™
Employees are oftentimes asked, “What type of work do you do”? Typically, one responds with his or her job titles. This is not very exciting to the listener and is probably not very memorable. The Personal Branding Center™ created three ways to answer that question and it depends on the situation as to which one to use. We call these the FXA Personal Branding Soundbites™.
A Personal Branding Value Statement™ can be used for LinkedIn’s profile section or on a resume’ in place of an objective.
It is not a mission statement or job description, it is a statement that shows one’s value, authentically letting others know who they are, what they know, and what problems he or she can solve for an organization.
This statement would identify the needs in the marketplace of your employee’s field of expertise and then provide a solution. This bird’s eye view helps others to understand “what” your employee does and how he or she differs from the competition.
We utilize several online assessments to measure behavior and those driving forces that helps your employees create a statement that tells others HOW they do something and WHY they do what they do.
Incorporating our Personal Branding Differentiators™, allows your employees to clearly and succinctly communicate who they are in a written statement as well as verbally. A process that helps to build confidence.
- Create a strong “FXA Personal Branding Soundbite™” that is reflective of the business opportunity at hand.
- Create a strong “FXA Personal Branding Soundbite™” for those impromptu moments to accommodate the audience.
- Develop a Personal Branding Value Statement™ for a LinkedIn profile.
- Know how to write and adjust a Personal Branding Value Statement™ for resumes and BIOs.
- Write a strong Personal Branding Snippet™ that is created for specific business encounters with someone.
- Know how to create, with confidence, Personal Branding Snippets™ for those impromptu business opportunities.
- Create a strong Personal Branding Value Statement™ to identify strengths in a field of expertise.